This has been around forever, I know, but dang it if I still don’t get the giggles. And its Sunday…
I have heard of these types of lists before (Naomi Klein has one about Fascism, among others with other “lists”). I saw this one at The List Universe and felt I would list it and ask for feedback. Not so much is it accurate, but do you see these things happening right now.
If you do, and IF it is accurate, how does that make you feel?
Tyranny is an important phenomenon that operates by principles by which it can be recognized in its early emerging stages, and, if the people are vigilant, prepared, and committed to liberty, countered before it becomes entrenched. The methods used to overthrow a constitutional order and establish a tyranny are well-known. However, despite this awareness, it is surprising how those who have no intention of perpetrating a tyranny can slip into these methods and bring about a tyranny despite their best intentions. Tyranny does not have to be deliberate. Tyrants can fool themselves as thoroughly as they fool everyone else. Here are the top 16 signs that you are living in a tyranny or heading that way. Many thanks to Jon Roland for submitting this list (the original of which is here).
1. Control of public information and opinion: It begins with withholding information, and leads to putting out false or misleading information. A government can develop ministries of propaganda under many guises. They typically call it “public information” or “marketing”.
2. Vote fraud used to prevent the election of reformers: It doesn’t matter which of the two major party candidates are elected if no real reformer can get nominated, and when news services start knowing the outcomes of elections before it is possible for them to know, then the votes are not being honestly counted.
3. Undue official influence on trials and juries: Nonrandom selection of jury panels, exclusion of those opposed to the law, exclusion of the jury from hearing argument on the law, exclusion of private prosecutors from access to the grand jury, and prevention of parties and their counsels from making effective arguments or challenging the government.
4. Usurpation of undelegated powers: This is usually done with popular support for solving some problem, or to redistribute wealth to the advantage of the supporters of the dominant faction, but it soon leads to the deprivation of rights of minorities and individuals.
5. Seeking a government monopoly on the capability and use of armed force: The first signs are efforts to register or restrict the possession and use of firearms, initially under the guise of “protecting” the public, which, when it actually results in increased crime, provides a basis for further disarmament efforts affecting more people and more weapons.
6. Militarization of law enforcement: Declaring a “war on crime” that becomes a war on civil liberties. Preparation of military forces for internal policing duties.
7. Infiltration and subversion of citizen groups that could be forces for reform: Internal spying and surveillance is the beginning. A sign is false prosecutions of their leaders.
8. Suppression of investigators and whistleblowers: When people who try to uncover high level wrongdoing are threatened, that is a sign the system is not only riddled with corruption, but that the corruption has passed the threshold into active tyranny.
9. Use of the law for competition suppression: It begins with the dominant faction winning support by paying off their supporters and suppressing their supporters’ competitors, but leads to public officials themselves engaging in illegal activities and using the law to suppress independent competitors. A good example of this is narcotics trafficking.
10. Subversion of internal checks and balances: This involves the appointment to key positions of persons who can be controlled by their sponsors, and who are then induced to do illegal things. The worst way in which this occurs is in the appointment of judges that will go along with unconstitutional acts by the other branches.
11. Creation of a class of officials who are above the law: This is indicated by dismissal of charges for wrongdoing against persons who are “following orders”.
12. Increasing dependency of the people on government: The classic approach to domination of the people is to first take everything they have away from them, then make them compliant with the demands of the rulers to get anything back again.
13. Increasing public ignorance of their civic duties and reluctance to perform them: When the people avoid doing things like voting and serving in militias and juries, tyranny is not far behind.
14. Use of staged events to produce popular support: Acts of terrorism, blamed on political opponents, followed immediately with well-prepared proposals for increased powers and budgets for suppressive agencies. Sometimes called a Reichstag plot.
15. Conversion of rights into privileges: Requiring licenses and permits for doing things that the government does not have the delegated power to restrict, except by due process in which the burden of proof is on the petitioner.
16. Political correctness: Many if not most people are susceptible to being recruited to engage in repressive actions against disfavored views or behaviors, and led to pave the way for the dominance of tyrannical government.
I know what I see as I peruse that list: America. But, it is not just America. It is the entire world. Look at what is happening all across the globe… of which we are supposedly the leaders of.
You should check out The List Universe. Cool Site, and in this case, very important information to be considered.
Rep. Zach Wamp (R-Tenn)
TN Rednecks must truly be proud of this dude’s performance on TV. He has the drawl. He has the ignorant brain-washed mentality. That air of superiority that you know Jesus exuded in each interaction with another.
But let me ask you, my neighbors (for I reside in SW TN): Is healthcare a privilege or a right?
1> a special advantage or immunity or benefit not enjoyed by all
2> prerogative: a right reserved exclusively by a particular person or group (especially a hereditary or official right); “suffrage was the prerogative of white adult males“
In the last month, I have gotten a bit more vocal about the issues facing America (especially in the SE USA) at this blog, but more importantly, in my day to day activities. I am hearing more and more people tell horror stories of job loss and cut-backs. Everyone is trying to hold firm and some even seem to ignore it at their peril (perhaps stupidity or simply knowing not what to do about it).
I heard from a die-hard, right-wing, professed Rush listener and Fox News Lover, this meme about healthcare being a right or a privilege and he was blaming people for not having heathcare (while his is provided by a well-to-do medical company). I should add that the one time I took him to lunch (my treat), he insisted in a prayer before we ate… a VERY Godly man, indeed.
Now I don’t know about most rednecks, but the ones around here think that when a person is sick that he should be taken care of. That even if a person can’t afford it, to not provide it is “un-Christian” (and it certainly is immoral).
To me that seems to indicate that it is an essential and indubitable “human right”.
If this is the case, and if it is true that Big Insurance and Big Meds profit off of a person’s health, that the most “Christian” thing to do is to provide for all and figure out a way to financially make it happen. There simply should not be “profit” associated with an essential human right.
Remove Big Health Insurance and you remove about $.31 of every dollar spent from the “middle man” add-ons (this takes into account a more reasonable amount added to Medicare). Control Big Meds’ monopolization of medicines… Use a single payer based system (Like the VIR’s get), etc. There certainly is a way to provide the very same health care coverage that this asshole Wamp gets provided him and his family (by YOUR tax dollar, my redneck friend) so that you, the normal peon redneck may actually live a a healthy life similar to an Very Important Redneck Asshole’s life.
Are you too far gone in your Sheople mentality to not see the disconnect of Rep Wamp (and my Fox News Lovin’ Friend). Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy of our actions regarding healthcare and our claims at being a “Christian Nation”? (And I specifically am asking you southern rednecks because you live in the Bible Belt and are the most religious group in the country)
I’m serious. What has happened that you can claim to be Christ-like, yet not believe that each and every human alive should be taken care of if the means are there? This is America, for God’s sake.
If you are claiming to be His, then fucking act like it for a change. So far you suck at imitation.
The facts are this: many, MANY people are unemployed, especially throughout this region. The official numbers are bogus (which were announced at 8.1% lately nationwide). But here, it is FAR worse. It is obvious.
When a man doesn’t work for a big corporation or actually starts his own business, there is no way to pay the costs. So, a person simply CANNOT afford to pay for health insurance in many cases and is forced to go to the ER (to take advantage of whatever free help they can get) because the Dr’s office won’t take them without cash up front. They are stigmatized by “Christians” as worthless and sponges, yet it is not their fault.
I am within 1-2 months of losing my insurance, because I am that close to bankruptcy. I am barely able to make ends meet right now because no one is buying equipment and are downsizing or closing their doors. I am telling you that here, in my neck of the woods it is BAD. Much worse than anyone seems to be letting on. Much worse than the nation seems to understand.
So, you rednecks need to remember that every time we give bail-outs to these banks and spend even a second more anywhere near the Middle East, we are spending money that could be taking care of every redneck the same, no matter if they are peon rednecks or VIR’s (Very Important Rednecks). Remember the “right or privilege” argument as your neighbor and friend from next door loses his job, his home and maybe his life while your good job takes care of your healthcare.
Think of Jesus as you ponder this.
It is Sunday, for God’s sake.