Kenny’s Sideshow has become one of my favorite blogs and I can say that the author is a fellow Tennessean (which is impressive in and of itself). Great stuff and in one recent example of a find he made (and I knew I had to share here) in a post I called “The Land Of The Sheep And Home Of The Slave” (which is a line from the article).
I was subscribing to the comment feed of Kenny’s post when “Anonymous” posted several items (claiming he was the original author). The style is very similar which means that the following has some rough language in it, so
and protect your frail sensibilities by turning away now.
I can’t vouch for the authorship, but it looks/sounds/reads the same. More importantly, it is the follow-up thoughts and plan for correcting the mess he discussed in the first piece that is worthy of note and careful consideration.
Hello people. I am the original author of this piece. I will reprint the comments I made on this piece I wrote from the first blog I noticed it had been reprinted on:
Today, rained out from work and at home on my computer, I was indulging myself in one of my hobbies which is reading and occasionally posting on L.A. Craigslist’s “Rants and Raves”, and noticed that someone had reprinted this rant I wrote last year, that they mentioned was taken from a Craigslist R&R in “Yoopers”….Damn, I thought to myself….maybe this thing grew legs since I wrote it…so I did a Google search on “friggin’ Gomers” and I see that it indeed has (lol).
I live in the Los Angeles area. Interestingly enough, this post made the “Best of Craigslist” in Portland. I wish I was as encouraged that it could make a difference in America’s collective consciousness as I am flattered that so many people seem to relate to it. I also wish I lived in a country where being identified as the author of this piece wouldn’t expose me to possible FBI surveillance, but as my dad used to say, “Wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first.”
If you’re wondering why I don’t sound as angry in this post as I did in the “I Hate What America Has Become” post…well, I have my moments, believe me. Every time I see Satan’s Cherub Cheney on the TV and realize how many good people have died because of this pig and others like him, every time I see footage from Israel on the news that never mentions their apartheid wall, every time a Neocon poison spout like Norman Podhoretz gets national air time to advocate nuking Iran, and every time America’s idiot centerpiece Sarah Palin rakes in another hundred grand for opening her vapid pie-hole…yeah, I get a little irritable.
I did leave America for a little while BTW. I went somewhere really nice. There were a lot of other Americans living there as well, some of whom I know moved away for some of the same reasons I am beginning to feel…that this country is already done. America will never be America again unless a cataclysmic change happens, unless shitstains like Bill Oreilly begin to be seen by Liberals AND Conservatives for exactly what they are…Joe McCarthyist, anti free speech corporate attack dogs who would have licked Hitler’s boots to have had their little cabaret shows on air in WWII Germany. And I would LOVE the opportunity to say that to Oreilly’s spider-veined, liver spotted face someday too…IF I could bring myself to stand face to face with that piece of garbage without taking a swing at him, which I sincerely doubt. He deserves getting the absolute shit beat out of him just for the nauseating rhetoric he spewed that was contributary to the murder of Dr. Tiller IMHO.
In case anyone is interested, here are a few changes that I believe would be neccessary to save America, and that I also believe will NOT happen without a complete revolt by THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA:
1. An END to corporate money in politics…and by an end, I mean any politician or corporate representative caught exchanging money or items of value in order to influence public policy gets 20 YEARS IN JAIL. PERIOD.
2. ANY media outlet that carries news or politics (magazines, radio stations, tv stations, etc) as a prerequisite for their license must give free of charge equal air time to ANY CANDIDATE that has collected a threshold amount of signatures to be on the ballot REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL PARTY AFFILIATION. This would eliminate the need for the vast sums of money candidates now must raise to compete, and also eliminate the favoritism shown to the two major parties.
3. An end to EXECUTIVE WRITS. When the president can arbitrarily pick up a pen and circumvent the Constitution and the entire legislative branch of government (W was famous for it) what the fuck difference is that from a monarchy, dictatorship, etc? What good are our system of checks and balances with a ‘kill switch’ like that? No too fucking very, my friends.
4. An END to our FINANCIAL AND MILITARY SUPPORT OF ISRAEL. God DAMN right. They’re a rich country. They do NOT need our money. We do NOT NEED THEIR BAGGAGE. They are an APARTHEID NATION, and for Ronald Reagan to say 20 years ago “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall” then for us to turn around 13 years later and help to fund a longer and higher one in Palestine…well…gross hypocrisy is the first term that comes to mind. Any other country that pulled that shit would get sanctioned….as Israel has been nearly 70 times by the UN…with the USA being the LONE dissenting vote. This jaundiced favoritism needs to END.
5. AIPAC (the American Israeli Political Action Committee) needs to register as a FOREIGN lobbyist. They currently operate free of the restrictions placed on foreign lobbyists, which is obviously unfair and inequitable. I suggest reading Walt and Mearscheimer’s report on the unchecked power of the Israeli lobby in American politics if anyone doubts what I am saying.
6. An END to DUAL CITIZENS IN OUR GOVERNMENT….ANYWHERE. America can no longer afford questionable alliances in positions of power.
7. An END to the not-so-FEDERAL RESERVE. I’m always suprised by the number of Americans who do not realize that the FED consists of a string of PRIVATE BANKS…that have NEVER BEEN AUDITED. Our money isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on, and the Federal Reserve is one of the main reasons.
8. A renewed investigation into the crime that was never properly investigated that forever changed America….9/11. Bush and Cheney resisted ANY investigation into 9/11 for A YEAR AND A HALF, refused to testify on the record or seperately to this rigged commission, then ONLY when public pressure mounted to the point that it could no longer be ignored, they placed in charge of the commission a man who in 1998 had written the following:
“An act of catastrophic terrorism that killed thousands or tens of thousands of people and/or disrupted the necessities of life for hundreds of thousands, or even millions, would be a watershed event in America’s history. It could involve loss of life and property unprecedented for peacetime and undermine Americans’ fundamental sense of security within their own borders in a manner akin to the 1949 Soviet atomic bomb test, or perhaps even worse. Constitutional liberties would be challenged as the United States sought to protect itself from further attacks by pressing against allowable limits in surveillance of citizens, detention of suspects, and the use of deadly force. More violence would follow, either as other terrorists seek to imitate this great “success” or as the United States strikes out at those considered responsible. Like Pearl Harbor, such an event would divide our past and future into a “before” and “after.”
I guess visualizing world peace, or ways to preserve America’s freedoms in the wake of such an “event” was too much too ask of this clairvoyantly imaginative person who “magically” ended up presiding over a so-called ‘fact finding’ commission dealing with the same subject matter he wrote his college thesis on. Some coincidence, eh?
….More violence would follow, either as other terrorists seek to imitate this great “success” or as the United States strikes out at those considered responsible. Like Pearl Harbor, such an event would divide our past and future into a “before” and “after.”
“Those …Considered… Responsible. Not that it matters who actually was responsible, Eh Zelikow?
Listen to the way the guy places almost gleeful emphasis on all the negative aspects toward America, the loss of freedoms, the government exploitation of the resultant chaos…..and this is the person Bush and Cheney chose to head the 9/11 commission. One of the PNAC document authors, and coiners of the phrase “A New Pearl Harbor”. Personally, I’d like to give this asshole his OWN Pearl Harbor.
A lot to chew on, but I like the “coincidence” that he points out about Zelikow. Amazing, huh? But even better is the plan of action he lays out (which melds closely with my plan). What would you add?