Some people consider my discussion on the effects of fluoride on health to be little more than another conspiracy theory or tin foil hat phenomena. But as I have pointed out here via Dr Mercola’s interview with Dr Paul Connett, it has been shown to cause damage to your bones, brain, kidneys and thyroid. Now, being equated to conspiracy theorists doesn’t concern me in the slightest, for I absolutely theorize that there is a conspiracy going on when one considers that water sources are continually adding a known poison (used to kill rats) to what we ingest.
In October of last year I even went so far as to suggest a nefarious purpose:
… putting a known poison (an industrial hazardous waste) into our drinking water cannot be GOOD for me (on the contrary, a simple study of history shows that the ONLY purpose Fluoride in water has ever had is to dumb down the citizenry and make them malleable… controllable… sheep to the slaughter)…
I first read about this over 10 years ago and stopped allowing any treatments by dentists and have tried to minimize any consumption of it via water sources, whenever possible. But, early on that was not the case and I contracted fluorosis as a young child (which “stained” my teeth with white spots).
You can see the spots 40+ years later.
It also didn’t escape me that 98% of Europe is non-fluoridated, yet they have fewer cavities than we do. Kuopio, Finland fluoridated their water from 1957-1992, but stopped and they immediately improved their dental records. Studies show that not only does fluoride NOT prevent tooth decay, but it actually INCREASES tooth decay.
But now, as I research this issue, I find that there are other health factors that I have experienced that could very well be associated with this poison. Some long time readers will remember that I had Back Surgery a few years ago because of Degenerative Disk Disease caused by Stenosis or Spondylosis (or, at least that is what the Dr said).
That was my third such surgery and I hoped would be my last. However, for the past several days, I have been having the same old pains, numbness and trouble walking as I did every other time. My toes feel like they are on fire and the sciatica is as bad as it ever was before. Generally, this flares up every few months and gets better, but I believe all the work I’ve done in the garden lately has exacerbated the problem, causing a great deal of discomfort.
So, what do I do? I start reading more about it and happened to find this article, “Causes Of Degenerative Disk Disease In Young Men” at eHow. It is there that I read this:
Excess fluoride in the body causes a condition known as fluorosis. This condition causes changes in the spine and discs, which so closely resembles degenerative disc disease. Most doctors don’t diagnose it as skeletal fluorosis but degenerative disc disease. The condition’s cause is from the excess intake of fluoride. Usually, this condition has accompanying dental fluorosis, which causes brown mottled teeth.
Just a coincidence? Personally, I don’t believe in them. All of this points to perhaps the real culprit: Skeletal fluorosis, which has been studied in India (where there is a very high prevalence of the disease) and China, but hardly at all here in the USA.
And speaking of coincidences, I just also happen to have some early signs of arthritis, which include:
Isn’t funny how that happens? If that is funny, check out this little ditty. Remember that I recently had a ruptured Achilles tendon and had to have surgery that put me on my butt for several weeks? What I never shared here was that about two to three years ago, I began to develop a small lump on the back of my other leg’s Achilles tendon, which kind of scared me (tumor or something). But, I went to the foot doctor and he said that it wasn’t cancer. He had seen this before a few times, but couldn’t really explain what caused it.
It appears that I may have figured all of this out. In another article I found called, “Possible Symptoms of Fluoride poisoning“, I found this little paragraph:
Tendonitis – increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture in all ages. Bony, painful lumps where tendons and ligaments attach to bones. Calcifications of connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) on X-ray, especially with pain and reduced range of motion. Simply said, If a human’s body gets exposed to high doses of Sodium fluoride, it will rupture your tendons. If you’re up into playing tennis or other similar high impact sport activities you rupture your achilles tendon, you rupture your shoulder tendons. Fluoride can build up in the bones causing pain, stiffness, and skeletal abnormalities when they get older. Since the fluoride attacks the collagen in your body, tendinitis and tendon rupture in the rotator cuff (the shoulder), the hand, the biceps, the thumb, and other tendon sites have also been reported. The risk of developing fluoroquinolone-associated tendinitis and tendon rupture is further increased in older patients usually over 60 years of age, in patients taking corticosteroid drugs, and in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants.
Oh Shit! How many damned coincidences can I have related to this?
As I read further into that article, I see that it, too, addresses the skeletal fluorosis issue and specifically the studies done in India. For some reason, it is being totally ignored in the USA (and my little conspiracy theorist mind tells me that they INTENTIONALLY do not want any such study to take place, in order to avoid this understanding and the fact that it also is associated with many OTHER afflictions we face as Americans).
Fluoride, Arthritis, and the Specter of Misdiagnosed Skeletal Fluorosis
It has been known since the 1930s that ingesting too much fluoride can cause stiff and painful joints. According to scientists who have studied this condition (commonly referred to as skeletal fluorosis), the joint damage caused by fluoride may mimic other, more common, forms of “arthritis,” making it easy to misdiagnose — especially by doctors who are not trained in detecting fluorosis.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, 1 in 3 adults in the US now suffer from some form of arthritis. Could fluoride be a contributing factor in some of these cases? It is probable, however, as detailed in the the NRC’s 2006 review, there has never been an adequate study to determine the prevalence of earlier stages of skeletal fluorosis in the US. The problem with this “research gap” was underscored this year by three studies, one from India and two from the US.
According to the Indian study by Gupta et al, a 35-year old woman who drank water with 1.9 ppm fluoride developed a subtle form of fluorosis that doctors initially suspected to be a form of “seronegative arthritis” (2a). Seronegative arthritis refers to a form of arthritis which mimics the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), but lacks the autoantibodies diagnostic of RA. In this case study, the woman “presented with joint pain involving the lower back, both heels, and the knee for the past 3 years.” In addition to these joint pains, the patient suffered from “gastrointestinal disturbance” prompting the doctors to suspect “the possibility of enteropathic arthritis.” Enteropathic arthritis is a form of arthritis associated with inflammatory bowel diseases. The doctors finally began to suspect the role of fluoride after x-rays revealed increased bone density in the pelvic area and calcification of some ligaments. After follow-up tests revealed elevated levels of fluoride in the patient’s drinking water (1.9 ppm), and slightly elevated levels of fluoride in the blood (0.05 ppm), the doctors diagnosed the patient as suffering from fluorosis.
Another study, published in the summer by doctors at the Mayo Clinic, suggests that similar cases of fluorosis may be occurring in the US among habitual tea drinkers (tea often contains high levels of fluoride), especially those with weak kidney function (2b). In the study, the Mayo doctors detail the cases of 4 patients who developed bone pains, and in some cases gastrointestinal problems, from drinking too much tea. As with the Indian study, at least one of these patients had previously been misdiagnosed as having “arthritis.” The woman, who “developed chronic pain and stiffness in her lower back that progressed to include bilateral hip and knee pain”, had been treated for 7 years with various drugs “but with no improvement in symptoms.” It wasn’t until the Mayo Clinic doctors identified fluorosis as the cause of her pain, that the woman took steps to reduce her tea intake which led, at last, to an improvement in symptoms.2g)
According to the Mayo doctors:
“Fluoride toxicity can present in an insidious manner, and clinicians may overlook its signs and symptoms. Unless recognized and the source of excessive fluoride identified and discontinued, fluoride toxicity can be both progressive and crippling.” In yet another study, presented at the annual conference of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, doctors reported a similar scenario (2c). A 49-year old woman (without kidney disease) developed skeletal fluorosis by drinking too much instant tea made with fluoridated water. As with the above cases, the woman “developed widespread musculoskeletal pains” and was misdiagnosed for years as having fibromylagia and osteoarthritis. According to the authors: “We surmise that habitual consumption of 3 quarts daily of some regular-strength preparations for more than 10 years, especially if made with fluoridated water, could cause clinically significant skeletal fluorosis…. This fluoride exposure seems possible for many individuals who like instant or bottled teas. In fact, when a 36-year old coworker learned of our index case, she confided drinking 3-4 qts daily of what she described as a triple strength preparation of Nestea dissolved in unfiltered, municipal tap water over the past year… With increasing use of DXA, additional instances of skeletal fluorosis from instant tea will likely be revealed…
Did I mention that I drink more iced tea made at home than anything else? Almost exclusively.
This is no coincidence and now that I am coming to a better understanding of what is actually happening to me, I hope it is not too late to fix it. I also know beyond any shadow of a doubt that people need to stop putting this crap in their mouths and ESPECIALLY stop drinking it. Find a way to filter it out. Go to your municipality and educate them on the dangers of this poison and use the fact that it COSTS MONEY to add it to get them to stop.
I know that I now have a new goal in life.
Look to these other potential symptoms of fluoride poisoning and see how this may be affecting your or your loved ones lives:
• Alzheimer’s Disease – There is increasing evidence that aluminum in the brain is a causative factor in Alzheimer’s Disease, and evidence points towards sodium fluoride’s strong affinity to ‘bond’ with this dangerous aluminum (remember it is a byproduct of aluminum manufacturing) and also it has the ability to ‘trick’ the blood-brain barrier by imitating the hydrogen ion thus allowing this chemical access to brain tissue. Another not commonly known organ victim of fluorosis is the pineal gland, located in the middle of the brain. The pineal gland can become calcified from fluorides, inhibiting it’s function as a melatonin producer. Melatonin is needed for sound, deep sleep, and the lack of it also contributes to thyroid problems that affect the entire endocrine system. The pineal gland is also considered the physical link to the upper chakras or third eye for spiritual and intuitive openings.
• Anemia, acidosis, reddish spots on skin, slight bleeding from nose lining
• Arthritis – stiff, painful joints with or without swelling; painful feet in morning
• Asthma – especially after showering in chlorine-filtered water
• Birth defects, such as Down’s syndrome
• Blurred vision, dizziness, poor balance, numbness and tingling of extremities
• Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) – especially if it lifts when you spend time in an un-fluoridated city or switch to distilled water for drinking and cooking
• Cold – temperature below normal, feeling cold all the time, feeling cold soon after a hot bath or shower
• Colic in bottle – fed babies or colic developing when breast-fed babies start solids or are weaned
• Chronic fatigue not alleviated by rest,
• Damage to internal organs, and to cellular biochemistry
• Depression, difficulty concentrating, loss of mental alertness, nervousness
• Dental fluorosis – white spotted, yellow, brown stained and/or pitted teeth – is a visual manifestation of fluoride overdose during childhood. Dental fluorosis afflicts from 1/3 to 1/2 of U.S. schoolchildren, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
• Diabetes – worsening symptoms
• Diabetes insipidus (a kidney ailment) – excessive thirst, increased water consumption that does not relieve thirst, dry throat and irritated eyes, and frequent, dilute urine, especially at night, with normal blood sugar findings
• Eyes– moving black spots (scotoma, or floaters)
• Early onset of puberty (due to interference with pineal gland, which produces melatonin)
• Excessive thirst, kidney inflammation, frequent urination
• Fatigue, weakness and brain fog after bathing or showering in chlorine-filtered water
• Fibromyalgia (severe muscle weakness and/or pain with extremely sore spots on various bony areas)
• Food intolerances that seem to come and go
• Gastrointestinal problems – irritable bowel, nausea, diarrhea without apparent cause, heartburn and upper bowel pain especially after drinking a full glass of water
• General weakness
• Gum disease – irritated or bleeding gums despite good hygiene and diet; gums heal when you use unfluoridated toothpaste
• Heart palpitations and increased heart rate without exertion
• IQ deficits
• Impairs immune system
• Kidney disease – worsening symptoms, kidney stones
• Nausea, diarrhea, constipation, blood in stools, flatulence, abdominal pain
• Perinatal Deaths
• Permanent damage to the teeth
• Skin – hives, blisters, rash on stomach or back within an hour of drinking fluoridated water or after bathing or showering in chlorine-filtered water
• Tea drinking
• Teeth – loose
• Thyroid diseases
• Weight loss
Now watch this:
Fluoride: The Hard to Swallow Truth Documentary
If you like what you see here at The Revolt, please subscribe via Email subscription or by the RSS Feed button found on the upper right hand corner of this page and/or hit the Share Button at the bottom of the post to share via various means.