An Open Letter To Barack Obama

Hello Barack Obama:

About progressives. We know you’ve made some declarations that sounded progressive.  You said you would end this war.  You said you were opposed to the Patriot Act.  You said you were opposed to off-shore oil drilling.  You said you supported single-payer healthcare.  You said you opposed NAFTA.

And because you said, we now have progressivesforobama Yahoo group, progressivesforobama.blogspot.com, the progressives for Obama listed on your own website, other Yahoo support groups, Facebook groups, Meetup groups and who knows what else.

Our man.

But first we gotta get elected.  So this is what we see now…

Don’t end war, just fight the right one.  Bring the “combat brigades” home like you promised and leave the other 77% percent of the 140,000 troops remaining, nevermind Blackwater.  Re-deploy the other 23% to Afghanistan.  Approve FISA.  Approve the Patriot Act. Approve the Military Commissions Act. Don’t impeach no matter how many revalations come to light.  Don’t renegotiate NAFTA.    Don’t oppose the death penalty.  Don’t support SPNFPUHC (single-payer not-for-profit universal health care).   Don’t support same-sex marriage.  Don’t support public financing of elections.

Psst.  Trust me. Tactics, right?  Not strategy. That’s what we like.  A man who has the courage to stand up for his convictions after he’s gotten elected.

Tell you what.  This is a challenge.  If you really believe in progressive causes and want to tell progressives that you believe down deep in the progressive platform and are willing to work hard to achieve progressive ends once you get into office, then do this:

Join United Progressives.

United Progressives is a union of progressives who, simply by joining our free membership, have said, “I believe in the UP platformI believe in standing up and being counted as a progressive.

I dare you.

Join us in championing progress for human rights, progress for the environment, progress in respect for each other around the world, and progress for those who have been demeaned, belittled and cast down by the powerful and advantaged.  Join United Progressives if you believe that.  Cast a vote for us; then, maybe, we’ll cast a vote for you.

Judy Ramsey

Judy Ramsey
Co-Director/Administration/Public Affairs
jramsey@unitedprogressives.us

United Progressives
44 Music Square East
#702
Nashville, TN 37203

http://www.unitedprogressives.us

Stop Calling The Legislators

Hey, Progressive:

Are you tired of calling the legislators and asking them to support your cause? How long have progressives been doing that?

Progressives lost in 1996.  Progressives lost in 2000. Progressives lost in 2004.  With Obama determined to send more troops to Afghanistan, and now reversing his stand on immediate pullout of Iraq, it’s pretty damn obvious that progressives will lose in 2008.
Stop calling the legislators Stop begging crumbs from beneath the master’s table. It’s time to do something different. Make them call us. United, we can. When we’re united, we won’t have to ask them for their vote; they’ll beg for ours.
Are you sending your money to the ACLU?  To MoveOn.org?  Democracy for America?  Stop.  And don’t send it to us, either.  Stop trying to buy the politicians. That’s what just a little of your money does. The rest goes to support the song-and-dance bureaucracy that buys politicians. You’re just contributing to the corruption.
Unite. United, we don’t need to call anyone. United, we don’t need to buy anyone. We will have the power to elect. That’s really what buys a politician. A politician only needs money to make a public appeal to get your vote.  If progressives control the swing vote in any election, we control the election. That should make a politician pretty honest.
Unite with us.  Join our free membership. Stand with us. Let’s win in 2012 and  kick the bums out.

Judy.

Judy Ramsey
Co-Director/Administration/Public Affairs
jramsey@unitedprogressives.us

United Progressives
44 Music Square East
#702
Nashville, TN 37203
http://www.unitedprogressives.us